construction grading of ggbs
Study of Properties of Concrete using GGBS and Recycled ...
granulated blast furnace slag (GGBS) and recycled concrete aggregates. GGBS was used as partial cement replacement and recycled aggregates as replacement for fine and coarse aggregate. The basic properties of natural and recycled aggregate were determined. The mix design was done to obtain a concrete mix (control mix) of grade M40.
Technical and economical feasibility of using GGBS in long ...
GGBS is a high-volume and low-unit-value commodity. Its gate price is similar to that of CEM I cement in China. This makes the transportation cost a determining factor. A direct saving in GGBS used in low-grade blended cement can only be achieved if . the construction site was located . closer to the steel companies producing GGBS.
BCA''s Green and Gracious Builder Scheme (GGBS), Singapore
GGBS for Small and Medium Construction Firms (SMC) For small & medium contractors (CRS financial grade "C") Focuses on gracious and applicable green practices; Ratings of Certified and Merit; Currently GGBS (SMC) is on voluntary basis. However, it is a matter of time before it is made mandatory for Contractors with CRS financial grade C.
What is the advantage of using GGBS as replacement of ...
Technically speaking, GGBS concrete suffers from lower rate of strength development which is highly sensitive to curing conditions. In this connection, certain site measures have to be introduced to the construction industry to ensure better quality of curing process in order to secure high quality of GGBS …
Chloride Diffusion of Concrete on Using GGBS
In recent years there is an increasing awareness regarding environmental pollution due to domestic and industrial waste. Now pollution control board is for...
· GGBS PPT 1. EFFECTS OF GGBS ON GEOTECHNICAL PROPERTIES OF BLACK COTTON SOIL Under the guidance of Shri. B.M. Gudadappanavar Assistant Professor DEPARTMENT OF CIVIL ENGINEERING PRESENTED BY: ABHIJEET KUMAR SINGH 2SD11CV001 AQUIB NASIR RAZI 2SD11CV009 DIBYAJYOTI SARMA 2SD11CV020 KAMLESH KUMAR 2SD11CV031 8th …
Ground Granulated Blast Furnace Slag (GGBS) | Chemical ...
· Ground Granulated Blast Furnace Slag (GGBS) The importance of Ground Granulated Blast Furnace Slag (GGBS) lies in its greener way to become a substitute in concrete material. GGBS being a waste material, it needs proper method for disposal. So incorporating this waste material in concrete can reduce the depletion of conventional concrete components such as cement, fine …
Influence of Microfine GGBS on Concrete of Grade M35 & …
Influence of Microfine GGBS on Concrete of Grade M35 & M40 Made with Pozzolana Cement ... improves construction work in durability, strength and thermal resistance condition. A. Supplementary Cementitious Materials / Mineral admixture Mix design of concrete play an important role for the
Study and Analysis of Strength of GGBS Concrete
laboratory with 0% to replacement of GGBS with OPC for M20 grade concrete. 6. To cure the specimens for 28 days and 90 days. 7. To evaluate the mechanical characteristics of concrete such as compressive strength, split tensile test, flexural strength. 8. To evaluate the durability studies of M20 grade GGBS
GGBS proportions. On its own GGBS hardens slowly and, for use in concrete, it needs to be activated by combining it with an activator (typically Portland cement CEM I but alkali activation is also used). A typical combination is 50% GGBS with 50% CEM I, but percentages of GGBS anywhere between 20 and 80% are commonly used.
Effect of Partial Replacement of Cement with GGBS on ...
GGBS show varying results for different GGBS content. Thus, from the results obtained following are the concluded points of the experimental work: 1. For the experimental work performed, the degree of workability of concrete was increase with the addition of GGBS upto 40% replacement level with dose of Superplasticizer. Later on with
Corrosion Resistance of GGBS Concrete
For both type of concrete classes, increasing amount of GGBS exhibited reduced 7-day to 28-day compressive strength ratios. This ratio decreased from 0.80 to 0.28 for C25 and from 0.82 to 0.21 for C35 grade concretes, which can be attributed to the lower hydration reaction rate of GGBS at early ages. 0 5 10 15 20 25 30 35 40 45 50
Partial Replacement of Cement with GGBS in Self …
Construction J.Vengadesh Marshall Raman1, V.Murali Krishnan2 1 ... GGBS in self compacting concrete production as partial replacement of cement. GGBS can be used as ... The Ordinary Portland cement of 53-grade was used in this study conforming to IS: 12269-1987 .The
Aggregates market investigation: GGBS/PFA working paper
GGBS and PFA are materials that can be added to cement made from clinker to ... fore a considerable volume of PFA went into low-grade non-cementitious applications ... summer when the weather was more conducive to construction activities. Lafarge told us that GGBS production was more constant throughout the seasons. It said that
Ground Granulated Blast Furnace Slag
Ground granulated blast furnace slag (GGBS) was employed as the main component of an alternative binder. Ground agricultural gypsum and construction-grade hydrated lime were used as activators in the proportions of 0.88:0.10:0.02 (GGBS:gypsum:lime) by mass as previously discussed (Oliveira et al., 1999).Sisal (Agave sisalana) field by-product was selected from a variety of Brazilian fibrous ...
Carbonation resistance of GGBS concrete | Magazine of ...
· Strength. Two reports suggested that carbonation resistance is unchanged for GGBS concrete with low w/c ratio design (thus higher strength) or a similar strength grade (higher than 30 MPa) to PC concrete at 50% GGBS content (Bamforth, 2004; Bouzoubaa and Foo, 2005). • …
Concrete Embodied Carbon Footprint Calculator
The specification of greener concrete mixtures has great potential to reduce the carbon footprint of construction. Materials such as ground granulated blast furnace slag (ggbs) and pulverised fuel ash (pfa), have cementitious properties and can be used in a concrete mixture to reduce the amount of cement. Ordinary Portland Cement, or OPC as it ...
A STUDY ON PARTIAL REPLACEMENT OF CEMENT WITH …
grade concrete mixes without any mineral admixture at 28 days respectively. The optimum dosage of percentage of replacement of cement with GGBS was found to be 40%, 40%and 50% in Ordinary (M20), Standard (M40) and High strength grade (M60) grades of concrete respectively. They also concluded that the partial replacement of cement with GGBS in
(PDF) Studies on Optimum Usage of GGBS in Concrete | raja ...
It can also be referred to as "GGBS" or with Ground Granulated Blast furnace Slag "Slag cement". The chemical composition of the (GGBS) by replacing cement. The replacement GGBS was given in table 1.1. level of GGBS in concrete is 0%, 5%, 20%, The primary problem is the original 35%, 50% by the total weight of cement.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ON GREEN AND …
A: As the name suggests, GGBS (SMC) is customised to suit the needs of SMCs (i.e. CRS ''C'' grade contractors) while GGBS is more suitable for larger construction firms (i.e. CRS ''A'' and ''B'' grade contractors). You should take up a scheme that suits your company''s business and operations.
GROUND GRANULATED BLAST FURNACE SLAG (GGBS or …
The materials used in this experiment were GGBS, FLY ASH, fine aggregate, coarse aggregate and water. 3.2 GGBS and FLY ASH: The chemical composition of Ground Granulated Blast Furnace Slag and Fly Ash is similar to that of cement clinker. TABLE: 1 CHEMICAL PROPERTIES OF GGBS, FLY ASH Material SIO 2 Al 2 O 3 Fe 2 O 3 CaO Mgo SO 3 K 2 O Na 2 O ...
Stabilization of Clay Subgrade Soils for Pavements Using ...
In this scenario, in Construction industry, Soil stabilization has gained serious attention becoming the major issue. In this project, the objective is to utilize GGBS; which is a locally available plentiful industrial by product, for stabilizing the BC soil. The main focus is to verify the suitability of GGBS as a soil stabilizer in the local ...
GGBS; sustainable alternative to Portland Cement | LKAB ...
Because GGBS has low embodied CO 2, it allows designing concrete mixes for sustainable construction. The manufacture of GGBS requires less than 20% of the energy and produces less than 10% of the CO 2 emissions compared to Portland Cement production. GGBS …
Studies on Optimum Usage of GGBS in Concrete
construction schedules where the quick mount is required. The last phase of the GGBS was shown in the figure 1.1. So far in the literatures most of the work has done in the M30, M40 grade of concrete and very few has covered in the M20 grade of concrete using GGBS. Hence it is worth the experimenting
y on n using g GGBS S in n Precast t Concrete e Construction n (2) ) Early strength (strength at 18 hours) Demoulding strength of 15.0 MPa is required . Various Mix Proportions of GGBS . Grade 35 – 22 mixes Direct partial replacement of cement of an approved OPC concrete (395 kg/m. 3 . …
Ground granulated blast furnace slag ggbs
· Cement with GGBS replacement has emerged a major alternative to conventional concrete and has rapidly drawn attention of concrete industry due to its cement saving, energy saving, cost saving and environmental benefits. This research work focuses on strength characteristics analysis of M20, M25, M30, M35, M40, M45, M50 grade concrete with ...
Strength Behaviour of Concrete Using GGBS & FLY ASH
are compared with concrete made with GGBS and Fly ash. To test hardened properties Concrete cubes of size 150mm*150mm*150mm are casted and tested, for 7, 14 and 28 days, strength are found out. Control concrete of M40 grade and concrete with GGBS and Fly ash, cement is replaced by 5%, 10%, 15%, 20%, 25% of GGBS by its weight
Grades of Concrete? Different Grades of Concrete? M10, M15 ...
· M25 grade concrete is applicable for use in all areas of construction. The grade concrete M25 is multipurpose and can get used for constructing any foundation. The grade concrete of M25 is usually preferred when constructor engineers what to high rise a building, for instance, a 3 to 4 story building, to resist the higher load range of load.
Concrete: Cement Substitutes
Very occasionally, it can be found up to a ratio of 90% GGBS and 10% Pc. Concrete made with GGBS cement sets more slowly than concrete made with ordinary Portland cement, depending on the amount of GGBS in the cement mix, but also continues to gain strength over a longer period leading to improved overall durability and life expectancy.
Effect of Cementitious Waste Material (GGBS) on concrete ...
And therefore GGBS is an environment friendly construction material. when used in concrete it replaces as much as 80% of ordinary Portland cement of 53 grade. GGBS concrete has better water impermeability characteristics. and make concrete resistance from sulphate and chloride attack. And hence service life is enhanced and the maintenance cost ...
Building & Construction Authority
· Tendering Limit (SGD million) Single Grade: L6: L5: L4: L3: L2: L1: 1 Jul 18 to 30 Jun 19 : unlimited: unlimited: 13: 6.5: 4: 1.3: 0.65: 1 Jul 19 to 30 Jun 20 ...
HIGH STRENGTH CONCRETE USING GGBS AND NANO TIO
GGBS, and 70% GBs with 3% of Tio 2 which superior strength characteristics were arriving with compared to conventions concrete. KEYWORDS: High Strength Concrete, Ground Granulated Blast Furnace Slag, GBs, Tio 2 INTRODUCTION Concrete is a durable and versatile construction material. It is not only strong, economical and takes the shape
What is maximum content of GGBS in concrete mix design ...
· In PSC cement manufacturing, GGBS added should not be less than 25% and should not be more than 70%. Compressive strength of Portland Slag Cement should not be less than 33 Mpa, means PSC available in 33 grade (there are no specification for higher grades of PSC) So according to IS code you can replace portland cement up to 70% by using GGBS.
(PDF) A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF CONCRETE WITH DIFFERENT ...
COARSE FINE AGGREGATE CEMENT SILICA FUME GGBS(FINE) AGGREGATE FIGURE 1 MATERIALS TYPE/SOURCE SPECIFIC FINENESS BULK GRAVITY (M2/KG) DENSITY (KG/M3) OPC 53 grade 3.15 292 1440 GGBS Iron 2.87 275 1100 SILICA Pozzolanic 2.40 400 700 materials FUME COARSE Quarry 2.66 As per IS 456 1442 AGGREGATE FINE River sand 2.63 As per IS 456 1520 …
- haematite inclusions in siderite crystals nature
- european vehicle crushing machines
- grizzly screen long
- hydrocyclone hydra
- cone crushers limestone
- dealers for manufactured sand in bangalore
- crusher wear parts peru
- hot sale gravity separator machine
- clasificacion del equipo guadalajara
- impact crusher kolberg
- coal crusher project file
- copper crusher d type overdrive
- galeo equipment corporation ludhiana
- cement crusher manufacturers in gujarat
- heavy equipment tags
- gravel screeners for sale in canada crusher
- equipment sale crushing
- crusher pcm bearing model
- dan iso pemisah magnetik bijih kecil untuk dijual
- contact metamorphic rock cone stone broken
- gem gold jewelry stone
- business plan for quarry sand making stone quarry
- grinder brushes bench
- crusher reliability has boullet
- ample supply spiral classifier
- cone crusher model description
- hydraulic impact crusher pfw series impact crusher for sale from china
- hammer crusher main components